2on2 ProAm Cup #1 (1)
4:0blackover vs SE
2:0Infinity vs TheReal
Login
Username
Password
Remember Login
Latest Forum Posts
Russian announcement is here: https://vk.com/wall-...
uNsLide 03.May : 17:54
Hello everyone, I am excited to announce a 1v1 Map...
Viperbird 30.Apr : 22:54
Okay, so:1) version from 2013 year: https:// drive...
uNsLide 07.Jan : 16:40
Hi. It's time to up this topic, so i'll ask those ...
uNsLide 04.Jan : 14:31
Yeah, i'll post new links soon here
uNsLide 04.Jan : 13:57
Any reup ??
Nanny 02.Jan : 17:19
Dead links in this topic...
uNsLide 30.Aug : 18:25
I think aimbot is also a good feature and wallhack...
QuAz 14.Jun : 22:15
I forgot to put the option : I don't care ; it's o...
Dreamadaya 14.Jun : 21:48
Whats is the ggun script ? original post : https:/...
Dreamadaya 14.Jun : 18:30
Alright, i heard a lot of complaints about players...
Dreamadaya 14.Jun : 18:29
Is there any players playing this game 2020 ?
BooYah7 18.Sep : 16:08
Hi-hey. In 2020 some guy, named The Gman, made a f...
uNsLide 18.Aug : 16:04
hail
gm1nrektyou 22.Jun : 00:29
https:// gamebanana.com/guis/ 33299Here you go kid...
gm1nrektyou 22.Jun : 00:27
Thank you, Silla.I figured it out in the end.
seriouS 18.Jun : 23:43
Hi seriouS,take a look into "Download" on this pag...
Silla 13.Jun : 04:59
Anyone who still has this? I want to download game...
seriouS 13.Jun : 00:44
Hello
Frappa 10.May : 19:38
Forums
HL2DM Forum :: General Community Talk :: Useful Resources
HL2DM Crosshairs.Using Fonts
Tue 19.Nov 2013, 12:05 Link
Explanation & Concepts
One of the main elements of competitive FPS gameplay is crosshair.Crosshair is the game pointer which indicates where are you gonna to shoot.There are many types of crosshairs,a good one for your personal preference can improve your enemy focusing,targetting and visualization resulting on a better average accuracy.Here i will post some crosshairs so users can choose an appropiate one and ensure his performance in game.

HL2DM crosshairs works by a Font called on his format .ttf(Truetype Font),the file Halflife2.ttf has the default crosshair that we can edit with any personal font editor,and thats the one i used for my job.

Outline:is the second color which is over the crosshair,normally is black and it gives you the advantage to see in bright zones,you can enable or disable by your own likes.There are 2 ways that i know to make outline works "Clientscheme.res" and "HUDlayout.res".

Color:is determided by a code RGB(red,green,blue),for example | White:(255 255 255)=white + 255 (transparency mask) this is how it works.Its important to get a good color on crosshair because it will retain your focus ,feel free to experiment with colors to choose the one who adapts better to your eye-sight.
*I personally recomend green one as its the most rare color found in regular maps so in the most of the times will overpass the walls colors from the game also is bright.
*You can disable the side bars beetwen the main crosshairs with the command hud_quickinfo 0 if you think more comfortable.

Installation & Contents + Download link

-All .ttf Font files go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2mp\custom\my_custom_stuff\resource
-They need to be reanamed to halflife2.ttf for working properly.
*After update it isnt needed to check read-only box at file properties.
*Note:crosshair size varie with the screen resolution,if you wanna see it smaller,detailed and less blurry set higher resolutions.

Outlined Green-Crosshairs 1024 Thumbnails:

Download Link(user Selectable)

You can download the entire archive----<File<Download.

Outline+Color & Centering & Transparency/Opacity

-Outline is the second color over the crosshair normally black its used by players for avoiding the crosshair to blend or fade in bright maps,textures.

*Anyway i think outline is more useful if you use White colors for crosshair,as using others colors blending can be fixed by switching off "additive" "0" in clientscheme.res ,with the CON of removing a bit of bright on the crosshair ,so choose strong colors like pink,red or blue..

For getting Black borders in your crosshair(outlining),you will need to call a function that add this to your crosshair font in clientscheme.res(outline "1") and finally for making it work on the last update you will need to add a element in HUdlayout.res specifying our same crosshair font used in Clientscheme.res,*plus is better manipulating it by hudlayout.res because we can focus our editing in xhair ,with the main improvement of taking many coding variables,improving the flexibility when its the hour of developing,the main problem for using xhair fonts developed with hudlayout.res was to get centered position,users were used to use "ypos,xpos,zpos" variables to get it the most centered possible but getting it centered it depends on much factors as resolutions,pixels quantity..etc,the last year a hl2dm player named k3z give us a Hud code for getting fonts based crosshairs the most centered as possible.OK,lets see the steps*.

1.Edit clientscheme.res with text editor ,located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2mp\custom\my_custom_stuff\resource,
search for "halflife2" element ,you will see something like that
}
"HalfLife2"
{
"1"
{
"name" "HalfLife2"
"tall" "40"
"weight" "0"

}
}

add a outline parameter line("outline" "1") so it looks like

} "HalfLife2"
{
"1"
{
"name" "HalfLife2"
"tall" "40"
"weight" "0"
"outline" "1"

}
}

2.The next step is to add a crosshair element in hudlayout.res located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2mp\custom\my_custom_stuff\scripts as said before.
Open it with text editor and add this lines at the beginning,K3z method(Centering):

{ HalfLife2
{
"controlName" "Label"
"fieldName" "HalfLife2"
"visible" "1"
"enabled" "1" ///set to 0 both to disabling it
"font" "HalfLife2" ///font used
"labelText" "Q" ///the default Character tag where is located the xhair font
"textAlignment" "center" ///align the chosen character
"xpos" "c-320" ///positions in X /Y axes
"ypos" "0"
"wide" "640" ///k3z used the maximum values allowed to tall and wide
"tall" "480"
"fgcolor_override" "0 255 255 255" //CROSSHAIR COLOR=COLOR+ALPHA MASK(last 3 digit series)
}

Thats enough for getting outline.

Changing color(Hudlayout.res)

Edit "fgcolor_override" for changing the color ,for understanding crosshair color Just get know that it work under RGB code(red.green,blue+alpha[4th 3 digit serie)+Transparency mask or ALPHA. Here is a complete color chart RGBCHART.com Basics ones 255 255 255 = white 255 255 0 = Yellow 0 255 255 = Cyan 0 255 0 = Green

Fixing Big Q Trouble

Much players notice this problem when installing new fonts that interfere with other fonts located at other directories.

1.Most common is to have a Half-life 2 regular font installed in our "X:/Windows(or other operating system)/Fonts" directory ,this causes the game to call this system font instead of the custom one installed at the game directory,the solution is simple;go to start menu ,find your "Run" utility and write %Fonts% OR you can do it manually by going to X:/Windows/Fonts path,finally inside we look for fonts related to halflife2 (or other custom fonts related to the game)and remove them.

2:Another way to solve this trouble is to right click your custom Halflife2.ttf and click install ,this will replace the actual halflife2.ttf located at Windows/fonts folder,fixing the problem.

3.This is the most common cause,but there can be much other causes to look like issues encountered by customs or edited HUdlayout.res or clientscheme.res making bad fonts callings ,be sure to have those files untouched or to recovery the default ones.

4.Also people can have problems with the old directories ,before HL2DM updated to "VPK format" the directory for custom fonts was C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\resource check if there is any font ,remove it.Also if nothing works you can look in the new directories C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2mp\resource AND C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2mp\custom\my_custom_stuff\resource and remove everything,after removed it go to your Steam Library<Right click Half-life 2 Deathmatch<click on properties<and make a "verify integrity of game cache" this will fix any corrupted file,and recover the missing ones,will check CRC´S Checksums ,Will take some mins after it try launching the game.

*Be sure when installing Custom HUDS to install everything containing it,small details can provoke troubles and incompability,"if it isnt caused by some bad HUD coding made by the author".

-Last solution could be to reinstall the game,but if the fonts Which are overriding your custom ones are somewhere in your Hard disk connecting with the game you will keep getting this problem.If you feel the thing impossible just Format or install a new OS but its normally to have always have a solution .

Adding/Changing Font Settings and Values

In Clientscheme.res we can edit and add many Game-Fonts settings that can be useful just for editing any game element, it can be from the HUD,from the menu,etc.Well,in our case we want to edit the crosshair font Halflife2.ttf,so we just open with a text editor Clientscheme.res and we search for our crosshair Font(default font is Halflife2(".ttf"),so we will begin to search by this word,but on custom huds this can be diffferent,they can be a use a separated font specifically for crossahirs) ,I just press Ctrl+F and look for "halflife2" and you should find it.

You will find many parameters and client variables.Some of them i will explain here:

Parameters

"name" //the name of the font(without the extension)
"tall" (the height in pixels at 640x480 of the font,by my experience i recommend to leave it on default "40")
"weight" ///The font boldness.Use values like 300,600,900
"additive" ///it adds a Bright layer over the font making it brighter and more visible ,but on bright textures can cause your xhair/font to blend,take note that any color will blend with it,and Black colors will not show up
"yres" ///minimum and maximum height among which apply the value of "tall" with pixel accuracy .
"outline" ///it highlights your font with black color borders,many players use it for avoiding blending on bright zones.
"antialias" //it smooths the font,its like in graphics settings games,but apllied to fonts ,its useful for making detailed fonts ,this command will give them a clean look,also in crosshair developing can help to make non-pixelizated shapes ,activate if your crosshair will have many details or you want it to have a very similar look as in game as it haves in your font editor.
"blur" ///it will give a blur effect into yor font,you can aplly a value to 1-5 for stronger effect,if you want it to not blend on bright textures just enable together with this "outline" to 1.
"scanlines" ///it will add to your font something like Scanning effect beetwen the pixels that composes the font,depending to the amount apllied also from 0-5 ,using high values like 4-5 on crosshairs can darken them.https://developer.valvesoftware.com/w/images/3/3c/HUD_Scanlines.jpg
"dropshadow" ///its a shading effect visible of the font,its a alternative to "outline" ,on xhairs can help you to see on bright textures.
"custom" //if set to 1 allow the usage of font and parameter customization

Additional parameters(not all)

"size" ///The font height in pixels
"overline" ///Add an overline to the font
"underline" //Add an underline to the font
"italic" //make the font italyc
"rotary" ///adds a line in the center of each font character
"shadow" ///Add shadow casting to the font
"strikeout" ///Add a strike through
"symbol" ///Enables the use of symbolic fonts such as Webdings
"bitmap" ///enable the use of bitmap fonts?
"blursize" ///The strength of the font blurring
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

**Note that you cant use additive,outline at the same time,you need to disable one of them,after doing it you can combine it with others parameters

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Authoring_and_Using_TrueType_Fonts

Alternatives/Other Resources

Web based Dynamic Crosshair Setup http://www.vag-clan.tk/crosshairs/
You can install a great amount of non-outlined crosshair types .

Also there many downloadable packages on internet with good sets for fonts method,google for it ,if here you havent enough.*I will try to post them soon

Conclusion

My objective is the same to help players and to share my knowledge ,Hope it helps to any!

I can add any crosshair if someone request it to my,so anyone can contribute to it,I will try to update it with time.

I will try to keep updated the guide with more details and data on a future

*Notes
*I removed some sections written in the original steam guide being published here and corrected some small details plus improved formatting.
*All crosshair here edited are based on the default center dot crosshair font or moved in small units to avoid cutt-off xhair.

Steam Link

[ Edited Tue 19.Nov 2013, 12:14 ]

Chatbox
what it darn ol done do
05.Sep : 14:59
In case anyone hasn't seen this yet :D crazy vid by darksoul https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=67&v=QDnvAlclaF8&feature=emb_title
09.Aug : 15:06
Got my account back so all good now
11.Dec : 11:36
Maybe not Hammarn... Don't want to accuse anyone here. He just send a message to me and I can still see the chat on my phone and he said that it's a scam link.
10.Dec : 23:20
Hammarn hacked my Steam account so don't click on anything which might get send from my account. Also feel free to share this with the others from the community as I have no way to inform you guys right now
10.Dec : 22:21
its a good idea! lets some other replay here for feedbacks

hail ‹JkS›

06.Dec : 20:53
Hi guys! I want to ask if anyone interesting these days in 1v1 cups. I'm ready to donate some prize money. I started it with a discussion on the HL2DM youtube channel, but it ended up with nothing.
06.Dec : 16:34
05.Dec : 23:58
28.Nov : 23:59
no its not dead
long life hl2dm and this community
[C'T]
28.Nov : 22:36
no its not dead
[C'T]
15.Nov : 20:59
no its not dead
[C'T]
10.Nov : 19:42
Hi guys
06.Oct : 21:55
Can you contact him ?
30.Aug : 12:29
Silla was, maybe Maxtasy is admin too
28.Aug : 16:53
That sounds good :) Whos the admin here ?
26.Jul : 11:45
Maybe we can start a league like we had in CU with weekly matches instead of 1 day cups so teams can play any time in the week?
25.Jul : 11:19
Lets start 2v2 or 3v3 cup soon ?
07.Jul : 17:49
nice old screenshot quaz <3
04.Jul : 20:42
Cool aesthetic video from Artefact !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-jpD0mD0Ds
03.Jul : 19:41