Squad - Best of Three Cup Rules
This is a Specific Rule Set for this Cup Type. The General Cup Rules also apply to this Cup.
1.1) Map Picking
- The Squad on the left side or at the top of the Matchup on the Cup Tree begins with the Map Picking.
- The Map Picking process is done in turns. First Squad A, then Squad B, ... and so on.
- First each Squad bans a Maps from the Map Pool. Then each Squad picks a Map from the Map Pool. Finally each Squad bans Maps from the remaining Map Pool until one Map is left. This Map is called the Tie-Breaker Map.
7 Maps in the Map Pool.
(Squad A is on the left side in the Cup Tree, so they begin)
Squad A bans 1 Map
Squad B bans 1 Map.
5 Maps left in the Map Pool.
Squad A picks 1 Map.
Squad B picks 1 Map.
3 Maps left in the Map Pool.
Squad A bans 1 Map.
Squad B bans 1 Map.
1 Map left in the Map Pool. This Map is the Tie-Breaker Map.
1.2) Server Picking
- Each Squad picks a server from the Approved Match Servers.
- The server for the Tie-Breaker Map can be chosen by the Squad with more overall frags in the first two Maps. If they choose the server, they will have to play as Combines on the Tie-Breaker Map. (They can also let their opponent pick the server and play as Rebels)
2.1) Match Phase
- Each Squad plays as Rebels on their Map.
- The first Map that has to be played is the Map of the Squad that started with the Map Picking.
- A Map is won when the final Team Score on the Map is higher than their opponents Team Score.
- The Tie-Breaker Map has to be played when both Squads win one Map (1:1).
- The Match is won when a Squad reaches two Map Points.
- (Map draws can't happen, the server will add an additional minute automatically if the scores are tied.)
3.1) Match Reports
- Match Reports have to be made as stated in the General Cup Rules.
- Additional Screenshots (Overtime screenshots) can be added in the comments.
- If you had a draw on the Tie-Breaker Map and won the Overtime, report this Map as a 'win'.
Last updated: March, 28th 2018
2on2 - Best Of Three Map Pool
Last updated: January, 4th 2020